Welcome to IEEE Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS)
The Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS) encourages
research, application of novel engineering methods, dissemination of
knowledge, and advancement of education in the areas related to
Operating Systems and complex software systems in general. The STC
co-sponsors conferences, maintains mailing lists, helps improve
university curricula, and publishes newsletters.
- Congratulations to Kamil Istra who is now co-charing STCOS. Deepest thanks to the previous co-chair Roberto Gioiosa for his outstanding service!
- We are looking for volunteers to contribute to STCOS newsletters. Please, contact co-chairs if you are interested.
- STCOS technically co-sponsors ICITCS 2015. Please, consider submitting papers to this conference!
- New STCOS Web-site - http://stcos.ieee.net - is up and running.
- STCOS technically co-sponsors ICITCS 2014. Please, consider submitting papers to this conference!
- Congratulations to Vasily Tarasov who is now co-charing STCOS. Deepest thanks to the previous co-chair Nikolai Joukov for his outstanding service.
- We technically co-sponsor ICITCS 2013 and invite everybody to submit papers.
- Contact us if you would like to propose special section topics for IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC).
- We technically co-sponsor ICISA 2013.
- Roberto Gioiosa is a new STCOS co-chair.
- Our mailing list for OS-related announcements has 220 members - please consider subscribing too.
- Our web site and mailing list were down for two days in November due to a technical problem.
Special thanks to Prof. Steve Chapin
and Prof. Erez Zadok for helping resolve it very quickly.
- Congratulations to our past chair and the founder of Special Technical Communities at IEEE CS
who was elected president of IEEE Computer Society for 2014.
- We are closely working with HotOS 2013 and Systor 2013 organizers. Please, consider submitting papers.
- Please contact Prof. Donald Porter
with ideas about advancing undergraduate education in systems area.
- Please consider submitting a paper to ICISA 2012 that we technically co-sponsor.
- On November 30, 2011 IEEE CS TC on Operating Systems and Application Environments (TCOS) was transformed into IEEE CS Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS).